Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Samsung nx1000 camera

Hi all.

I have just taken delivery of a new esprit 80ed and HEQ5PRO mount and very excited to be starting out with imaging.

Will probably end up with a zwo dedicated deep space camera but for now a bit with dlsr.

I was going to buy a canon on ebay and decided to compare specs to my existing samsung 1000nx.

Same chip but the samsung is bigger until you get up to the more expensive cannons.

Does anybody have experience with the NX or am I going to hit trouble at some point? Already found a samsung T ring.

If anybody has used it some info on settings etc would be great. Are we still at 61mm back focus?

Third time I've posted this now first 2 disappeared. Weird.

I think easiest and most cost effective thing would be to just try it out.

As long as Samsung 1000nx can produce raw subs, there is setting for needed exposure length (at least 30s and up to few minutes would be good) and you can turn off any "advanced" processing - I think it is just matter of trying it out (if raw or long exposure are missing - then maybe there is no point in trying).

Only thing that I can think of that will cause issues is if camera is doing some "enhancements" - like noise reduction or whatever and you can't turn that off. That is going to create issues in stacking later on and you won't get the quality of images that you would otherwise get if you just downloaded pure raw files without any processing done to them.

• Like 1

The major limitation is that most Astro software can’t/won’t control the Samsung so you’ll have to press the shutter for each shot and use the camera screen for focusing etc rather than being able to have the live view image on your computer screen. 

I keep meaning to see what my Song RX10M4 is capable of but lack of software control is the biggest annoyance due not doing so yet. 

• Like 1