Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Edge 8 HD hyperstar back focus, wrong spec on gpcam3 178c??

Hi all! 

At the moment, im getting a headache.. I have been in trouble to get backfocus and collimation ok. 

I have a Baader 1,25 eyepiece holder and a adapters, fitted to the Hyperstar. But not getting it right. So I decided to order a proper filter drawer and spacers. 

Interestingly, I have had a hard time to find cs/T2 adapter, and a filter drawer that matches the back focus required. 

After "some" digging. I decided to measure the camera housing. And..It differs considerably to the original specs I got with the camera. I might be stupid, and missiunderstand something? 

Anyway, I submit a pdf "quick drawing". My measurements is on about 0.1mm. I didn't bother to go to the granit flatsurface measuring stuff.. 

Am I missing out on something? I need to order the parts, so I can go imaging in the near future..please.. :) 

Altair_178_hyperstar C8 EDGE HD.pdf

Edited by Rocket Stars
SWenglish spelling correction..

7 hours ago, michael8554 said:

The Altair image is patently wrong !       

17.5 + 10.2 does not equal 12.75  !!!!!

Go with your measurements 🙂

Michael

I know! 😮

I should have noticed that when setting up the camera first time. 

Explains my frustration to get focus.. Headache and starting to "discuss" my abilities.. 

1 hour ago, noah4x4 said:

If you can't quickly resolve this then Email Dean at Starizona.  Very helpful with all things Hyperstar.  Starizona can supply the correct Hyperstar adapters for any popular camera.

I think I have it sorted. (prayers). With adapters and chims on order. Im within 0.2 mm of required back focus. Since Hyperstar is sensitive, I hope im close enough to get good focus to be able to colimate the lens. 

Plan is to get the set up working, "play" little with it. Then decide on a cooled camera. 

When I got this with the scope a while back. I emailed with Dean regarding camera choice. I have to agree to Starizona´s very good customer support! Bought their fethertouch autofucuser. Just the focus knob is super quality. Way back in the almost black and white years, I was a toolmaker. Just love the quality and feeling of the mechanics of it. yum! :)

Edited by Rocket Stars
spelling

4 hours ago, noah4x4 said:

If you love the Feathertouch Microfocuser, try the MKIT20 autofocus controller that works with it. Adds yet another dimension. 

Have the feather touch wired autofocuser with it.  :) Have not had time to install and play with it yet.  But I will as soon as I got this very annoying bacfocus issue sorted. 

But frustrated by my self. Not notice the fault in the measurements...