EQMod overflow

david_taurus83

Has anybody had this sort of message? When I load things up I usually start with PHD2 first. When I connect to the mount I get this message? EQMod still loads and works fine after this. Last night I had issues though. After NINA performed a flip, EQMod kept rejecting the sync after a platesolve. Before I tried NINA I noticed on a few occasions with APT it also refused to sync. Another odd thing is after I disconnect everything, EQMod remains active even though no other software is running. Any ideas?

Edit: Using an AZGTi in EQ mode with the Lynx Astro cable.

Screenshot_20200120-221259_VNC Viewer.jpg

Edited by david_taurus83

I uninstalled everything Ascom and EQMod related off my imaging PC. Even the EQDir cable driver. Reinstalled again from fresh and no change. If i try and connect to the mount from CdC first, I got a similar message but it says something like "Ascom driver problem.(Overflow)" Even more confusing, if I connect first via APT, it works fine with no warning message. Connecting the other software after this also works fine?!

More importantly, upon my digging around the EQMod website I noticed that the AZGTi should have its own custom gear ratio configured. I was simply using the standard settings under the HEQ5/EQ6 tab. This might explain why I was struggling to sync after a flip. Strangely, after setting the custom ratios, the error message above doesn't pop up regardless of which software connects to the mount first? Bizarre! Perhaps its simply teasing me as I'm doing daytime testing. We'll see next session I suppose.

• Like 1