Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Odd "Astrofest" event.

PEMS

Was considering making a trip down to Astrofest, so looked for the dates, Jan 31 and Feb1 in case interested.

Out of the search came a second European Astrofest conference on Feb8 and 9. So I looked at what it said.

Reads as "European Astrofest" also says Astronomy Now and at the same location, has talks by Astronomers - not named however.

However the wording in the introduction says "Astrology" not "Astronomy" . Half the wording seems to come from the "real" Astrofest.

Just wondering if someone has created a false site hoping to gather in some money. So in case it appears on a search read carefully. If it is real and astrology is your thing then, there is a weekend for you to enjoy. If it is real, however too great a mix of the words Astronomy and Astrology to make me think it is not 100% real and above board.

Link if wanted: https://www.expohour.com/european-astrofest-conference

Edited by PEMS
  • Like 1

Yes, its early this year by about a week.

Its usually on the second weekend of February.

I have to say i've been disappointed with the last 2 Astrofests, and bear in mind i've attended the last 15 shows since 2005.

Not nearly as many vendors there, it really was noticeable last year.

Booking lecture tickets was also problematic last year, due to them not confirming who was speaking until virtually right up to the date of the show.

At one time, all talks were sorted before the end of November or December, and there no longer seems to be any forward planning (hence : talk tbc) 

The American lecturers from Nasa etc no longer appear on the program, which i find a disappointment.

I'm probably going to give it a miss myself this year. The end of an era.

Alot of that is down to the logistics of travelling down to Kensington from Derby.

But its also down to the fact we now have the PAS show in Kettering which was excellent last year and a lot closer to home, as well as the IAS to look forward to in the autumn.