NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eq6r pro controlling with laptop and stelarium

I cant her the mount to connect. Cant take pics at min either as not with mount. 

It shows com 3 in port when I go to set up eqmod window. Check on device manager shows port 3 in use when mount plugged in. 

But the mod thing doesn't seem to pick up the mount itself. 

7 minutes ago, BungleHilton said:

I cant her the mount to connect. Cant take pics at min either as not with mount. 

It shows com 3 in port when I go to set up eqmod window. Check on device manager shows port 3 in use when mount plugged in. 

But the mod thing doesn't seem to pick up the mount itself. 

set the baud rate to 9600

then rescan in  eqmod.

is the eqmod cable plugged directly to the mount?

2 minutes ago, BungleHilton said:

So that's that bit. How do I do the stellarium bit. As you can my imagine. My other half is over the moon with me trying to sort this out tonight. 🤣🤣

Go to the settings, click on load at startup, restart stellarium, go back to the telescope control settings and click configure and ADD 

image.thumb.png.1ef3808dc9f13d1952771efed100fe50.png

4 minutes ago, BungleHilton said:

Not tried yet. But next question. Without that hand control. How do you do a star alignments? 

Well, thats when we move into plate solving. APT integrates plate solving well. It's "fairly" straight forward to set up and once you have you'll never look back

There is a sync command in stellarium somewhere. send the mount to the star you want, if its off then maually move it with the ascom controls and when on target sync. 

its worth the effort to get plate solving sorted though. its in the point craft settings in APT. Even points you to the download locations too. 

• 2 weeks later...

So had a clear few hours last night to try have a play. All set up. Polar aligned. Fires up the laptop and all programmes. Mount connected to it all. Chooses moon as object to slow to before doing alignments. As thought I'd see how far out it was. The mount set off. Ended facing total opposite direction. 

21 hours ago, BungleHilton said:

So had a clear few hours last night to try have a play. All set up. Polar aligned. Fires up the laptop and all programmes. Mount connected to it all. Chooses moon as object to slow to before doing alignments. As thought I'd see how far out it was. The mount set off. Ended facing total opposite direction. 

check your lat/lon in eqmod. make sure longitude is negative if you're west of grenwich. also make sure the mount is in the home position BEFORE you switch it on.