NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone used a Pulsar Dome and Shutter drive system?

GCG-Observatory

Yes, they are both brilliant and work well with SGP. I have had troubles in the past, but over the years the developers at both Pulsar and SGP have addressed any issues. If it wasn’t so damn cloudy and wet I would be using the system now!!!

• Like 1

Thats great to know. I am in the process of awaiting to finish building my base for my used Pulsar dome, so I relate to the weather!

I am looking to acquire their dome and shutter system in the new year, so that is really helpful. So does it work straight out the box, or does it require a lot of configuration? Many thanks

I have had one for several years and have found it to be incredibly reliable.

The system itself requires very little setting up but to get the dome to slave correctly with the mount will require some careful measuring and some simple maths. I can provide you with a spreadsheet for MS Excel to help you with this.

• Like 1

Just now, steppenwolf said:

I have had one for several years and have found it to be incredibly reliable.

The system itself requires very little setting up but to get the dome to slave correctly with the mount will require some careful measuring and some simple maths. I can provide you with a spreadsheet for MS Excel to help you with this.

Hi Steve, yes that would be fantastic, I think because I'm using this with a 10 reflector, on a equatorial mount, it is going to need some clever maths so any help will be very much appreciated :)