Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 mount modification - suggestion

GiorgioF

Hi guys.

I'm using a Skywatcher EQ5 mount (Skyscan, but not important).

In order to gain some more degree in the celestial, I would like to make an extension to the tripod.

Basically interpose an elongation between mount and head.

Have someone already done something similar? Can you share? Whatever: drawings, idea, pictures, suggestion and so on, all are welcome

Many thanks for the help

Hi Giorgio,

One of my most valuable modifications is this combined hinge and raiser. It lets me fold down the head so I can transport the complete mount & tripod in the back of my car. And because of the height extension (the wooden block) I gain a few hours before having to flip the mount (to avoid the camera touching the tripod).

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_2016_07/heq5_1.jpg.2654501a8aa167c12703b71679fc4fcc.jpg

IMG_20170408_125441.jpg.63612e7b3bd0aaa10c11ef1b8b55eb61.jpg

Of course, you can just do the wooden block & threaded bar if you only need the height adjustment.

Ragnar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lux eterna said:

Hi Giorgio,

One of my most valuable modifications is this combined hinge and raiser. It lets me fold down the head so I can transport the complete mount & tripod in the back of my car. And because of the height extension (the wooden block) I gain a few hours before having to flip the mount (to avoid the camera touching the tripod).

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_2016_07/heq5_1.jpg.2654501a8aa167c12703b71679fc4fcc.jpg 1.07 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_20170408_125441.jpg.63612e7b3bd0aaa10c11ef1b8b55eb61.jpg

Of course, you can just do the wooden block & threaded bar if you only need the height adjustment.

Ragnar

Wow... This idea is mind blowing! Congratulations!

I should consider the wood, maybe a hard one.

• Thanks 1