Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Info on early star parties?

I'm putting togther a talk for my local astro soc on 'astrofests and star parties' and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the history of star parties. So far the earliest I've managed to find is the 1979 Texas Star party. Has nayone got any idea if this was indeed the first? What was the Uk's first star party?

Thanks

Michael

I understand that in Victorian times it was usual to have 'star parties' and I know that the organisation 'Webb share' is going to re-create one of these events. Details of 'Webb share' can be found on www.spacewatch.co.uk . 'Webb share' covers the life of Rev Thomas William Webb the famous Herefordshire vicar who was the 'Patrick Moore' of Victorian times. I am sure that Paul Haley who runs the company and who is Chairman of Herefordshire Astro Society can advise you further.

Regards

Mark

Archived