Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 300D?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Luke,

I have just picked up the 1000D. I do like the 'live view' on this camera. I also believe that the noise levels are pretty good at ASA1600. I think it is a udate from my 10D. We shall see.

Good luck with your choice.

Glen.

I have one of these for xmas....

Can't wait

Hi Mick,

I must say I'm impressed with the size and weight of the 1000D,much lighter and smaller than my good old 10D. Got the mount already to attach to my scopes. The weather is against me at the moment.

I like the idea of connecting to my PC and using the remote software. I REALLY like the idea of a live image from the camera on my PC screen.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

There are some absolutley stunning images taken with a 1000D on another imaging forum (one you have to sign up top before you can see any of the posts) so I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm still thinking of getting one to complement the modded 350D hopefully there may be some bargains around in the post sale sales...

Billy...

dont think cross forum links are allowed so...

Give me a "U"....

Give me a "K"....

Give me a "A".....

Give me an "I".....

if your not a member you'll have to join to see images...

look into the deep sky and search out dciobota....

There is no problems with linking to Ukai , there are lots of people who are members on both Forums :D

I must say, im impressed with dciobota's results with his 1000D

http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=42023.0

Surprisingly for a camera which is £100 less then a 450D, which I originally had my intention on buying. Apart from a few AF point's which are not included in this model & that it's chip is a 12bit instead of a 14 the overall results - even when it had not been modded are very eye catching, price/performance ratio it's adequate, im re-looking at my budget.

My initial budget was approx £450-500, but could make a saving & put the saving somewhere else, or buy a 1000D Twins Lens Bundle w/ an 8GB SHDC Card which would come to around £430.

Happy Days are here again.

Thanks for the link Deneb. I will have a look later on.

I not too bothered about the 7 AF points. I mainly manual focus anyway. I know there is no spot metering but the diference between 4% and 9% won't make that much difference.

I did look at the 450D and decided to save some money and go for the 1000D. I bought body only. I will be looking for a good prime 50mm for it now.

All the best,

Glen.

Archived