Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Abell 262 Lum only

Star101

Taken 29 Sept, but only just got around to processing.  Just a quick process at that.

Looks to me that 120s exposure is too much for the camera using the ZWO ASI183mm Pro on the TS65Q as the center of the galaxies look a little blown out. But hey, I thought I would post anyway :) There's a lot of galaxies in there :D 

Next time I will use 60s...if we get clear skies again !

Thanks for looking.

Dave

52 x 120s Lum

ZWO ASI183mm Pro on a TS65Q @ 420mm scope. Mesu 200.

PixInsight

Abell 262.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, don4l said:

Very nice.  I was looking at this yesterday as a possible target, so it's nice to see this.  You've got some nice detail in some of the spirals, so it's definitely on my list now.  Thanks for posting.

You are welcome don41.  Thanks, that's exactly why I posted.

The ASI183MM Pro is a great camera. I overexposed on this so wanted to let others know/check. There are lots great galaxies to be seen here at the right focal length. Personally, I will be trying again at shorter exposures with my ASI183MM Pro. as and when we get clear skies and no moon lol.

On 23/11/2019 at 10:32, mikemabel said:

My next target as well thanks for posting

What gain did u set for the 183 ? i used 2min exposures on M76 at gain 111 and felt the inner details were blown out . it was luminance only as well

thanks

I used Gain 111 for this Lum