NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M1 Crab Nebula

Star101

I aim to image M1 a few more times over the coming months as an ongoing project. Its a bright nebula and easy to image. I'd like to get as detailed a picture as possible.

I do have more data. This data is from Monday night. I used the new WeightedBatchPreprocessing Script in PixInsight to process. I can't see much difference when I used the old BatchPreprocessing script but I find I do actually prefer this image over the other made the old way. Thanks PixInsight :)

Anyhow, here is Monday nights M1 processed the new way. 

Thanks for looking.

12 x 600s  Lights

Master Darks/Bias/Flats

Atik 4120EX OSC, OAG on C11@2800mm. Mesu 200. PixInsight. SGPro.

M1 Crab Nebula.jpg

Edited by Star101
  • Like 20

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to process the subs I had collected. I used blink to remove 4 that had clouds. I set the PixInsight script WBPP to do its thing. It finished with 6 subs integrated. Not great when I started with 34 subs lol. So, I blink checked all 30 subs that had managed calibration and found 2 that didn't look good so removed. Than run the star alignment and finally integrated the 28 remaining subs. A gentle histogram stretch, curves and the minutest deconvolution, standard settings for ACDNR and finally SCNR Green to get this image. 

Taken over several nights in November. 

Atik 4120EX on a C11@2800mm, Mesu 200. Guiding using Lodestar X2 on ZWO AOG. PHD2, SGPro and PixInsight.

28 x 600s Lights

Master Darks/Bias/Flats.

Thanks for looking.

M1 Crab Nebula 28 x 600s ATIK 4120EX OSC.jpg

Thanks Mick.

Yes. the first (top) one is only 12 x 600s. Whereas the bottom one is same data as the top one but another 16 x 600s. A total of 28 x 600s subs. combined.

I read that there comes a point of little return and 30 subs is about it for CCD's so I think that bottom one, my M1 is done :)

• Like 1