Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cellestron 114az

I got the cellestron 114az for my birthday as I’ve always wanted a telescope! I’ve looked on every video and every website but I can’t seem to do it! I’ve set it all up but when I go to align the finder scope I can’t see the red dot, also when I go to look through the eyepiece it is just white I can’t see anything.

please helpppp

Hello Stacey. Welcome to SGL.  When first starting with a telescope it's best to try it in daylight to get used to focusing.  If you then can't get an image it maybe that an extension piece on the focuser needs to be removed or added. The red dot finder may have a strip of clear plastic between the battery which prevents accidental switching before sale, the red dot will not appear until you do, it will also be faint in daylight.     😀

• Like 1

I had the same problem when I got my first scope (Celestron 90 slt), I was trying it in daylight and setting it up on a telegraph post some distance off.

It is difficult to see the red dot finder in daylight, try putting your hand in front of the finder just so you can see it.

When I looked through the eyepiece it was as you say just white until I realised that i had gone to far focusing. 

Edited by Mick H
  • Like 1

Your finder scope has a small opening door under it, as the guy above said there a round plastic on the battery, take it off.

There be maybe 3 mall wheels. 1 turns it on and the other 2 can a just the dot abit up and down and other left or right.

Make sure cap is off. I know sounds funny but people do.

Also to start use only the highest number eyepiece like the 25mm. That's the lowest power. Most new people think it's the other way if u get 3 eps 25 12 6 they think 6 is lowest maybe meaning power and use this.

To find out power divide focal length then by the ep number, so the 25 is the low power 6 high power etc.and if it came with a Barlow dont even use it either.

Try looking with low power at a building a hydro pole chimney etc and focus till it's clear. 

Hope this helps

Joejaguar