NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which version of IC410?

assouptro

On 18/11/2019 at 03:27, Xiga said:

I agree the details are better in the HSO version, but rather than throw out the SHO version completely, what about mixing the details of the HSO version, with the colours of the SHO version (with a few tweaks and a bit more green taken out).

Something like the one below? (hope you don't mind, i just combined the 2 Jpg's in PS. only spent about 10 mins). 

Really great image btw!

Combined.thumb.jpg.0d8e1a480958786d76a623310881da42.jpg

I really don’t mind, in fact I was considering allowing access to the calibrated NB images here to see what someone with pixinsight skills could do with it! 

nice version, I have been doing something similar. 

cheers 

Bryan

18 hours ago, Rodd said:

If you remove the green from the image--the SHO palette is different.  In Pixinsight--just apply scnr green .  Not sure how to do it in PS.  Ypou do not have to remove all of the green--I often do not.  But I like to remove most visible green

Rodd

Thanks Rodd

I will eventually buy Pixinsight, it’s inevitable! The learning curve is relentless in this hobby! 
It prevents boredom though?!

cheers

Bryan

1 hour ago, assouptro said:

Thanks Rodd

I will eventually buy Pixinsight, it’s inevitable! The learning curve is relentless in this hobby! 
It prevents boredom though?!

cheers

Bryan

There has to be a corollary tool is PS--or whatever software you use.  It just so happens that the PI SCNR works--but I am 100% sure the same can be achieved in PS.  

Rodd

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

There has to be a corollary tool is PS--or whatever software you use.  It just so happens that the PI SCNR works--but I am 100% sure the same can be achieved in PS.  

Rodd

There is a plug in for PS called HLVG which, I believe is derived fromm SCNR.  It works a treat and, if you invert the colour of you image, is fantastic for sorting out hubble palette magenta stars

39 minutes ago, MartinB said:

if you invert the colour of you image, is fantastic for sorting out hubble palette magenta stars

Yes!  I find SCNR great at this very thing.  Invert the image and the magenta halos (or red) are green.  When there is no other green in the inverted image (not always the case) the use of this tool works wonders. 

Rodd

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

There is a plug in for PS called HLVG which, I believe is derived fromm SCNR.  It works a treat and, if you invert the colour of you image, is fantastic for sorting out hubble palette magenta stars

Hasta la vista green?!

i have tried to install it but I don’t think it’s compatible with ps6 . 😢