NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New member of the 100 club

Hi

Having spent time and money on my RC10 I decided I needed to do something with a wider field of view. After reading reports from SGL members and looking at the few reviews available I ordered an Esprit 100 and FF about 5 weeks ago. It arrived last Saturday. What a superb instrument it is, I`m pleased with my choose so far.

RC10 is consigned to hide under the desk until a duel mounting bar arrives. For now the Esprit is mounted on the Mesu on its own. Cables are all to long and it all looks a mess but I have it installed and all I am missing is an additional SharpSky Pro motor unit which is on order.

Last night I managed to find focus on the scope and OAG then clouds appeared. Not first Light but hopefully this next week.

Image train is ASI 1600, TS T2 9mm converter, Atik EFW2 filter wheel (baarder 36mm filters)  ZWO OAG. Sensor to FF distance is 55.85mm at the moment. So not sure if that's ok. But I would rather be under size here then I can add thin spacers until the images look right.

A new member of the Esprit 100 club🙂

From this                                                                                                     To This

RC10.JPG.cab93a500575c348f453d72cc3b3a8b9.JPGEsprit100.JPG.5323c5a48191ef4613b368c20d1131ba.JPG

• Like 7

Hi

SharpSky Focuser motor arrived and fitted straight on with no problems.

Focuser7.JPG.5576d30d3a7b0f1574bf7a73c2429e5e.JPG

I managed to get some frames using manual focus before the SharpSky arrived. To my eye the stars are round right out to the corners. Prism analysis shows stars pointing round the center, not pointing towards the center. This a very small elongation. Do I need to go longer on the FF spacing or shorter?

Graham