Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadr area Ha

GiorgioF

Good morning.

In a rare clear night, a 4 hours of Ha on the heart of the Cignus. Experiment with a 200mm Nikon coupled with asi1600mm cooled at -15 and exposure of 300".

I'm quite satisfied about the deep and the details, especially the Crescent that popup from the back nebulosity.

Hoping to get the RGB soon but weather is not cooperating.

Critics for improvement are welcome!

SadrAreaHA_jpg-1600x1215.jpg

• Like 13

Nice image. I would personally move white point a bit closer to the nebulosity - it will be a bit brighter with a bit more dynamic and stars will be sharper and pop out more.

Here is example of what I'm talking to be clear (quick touch-up on the image you posted and cropped, hope you don't mind):

image.png.846a1c49d5b81d78c667b927085666cf.png

7 hours ago, vlaiv said:

Nice image. I would personally move white point a bit closer to the nebulosity - it will be a bit brighter with a bit more dynamic and stars will be sharper and pop out more.

Here is example of what I'm talking to be clear (quick touch-up on the image you posted and cropped, hope you don't mind):

Interesting suggestion. Thank you! Will try tonight on the tiff.

Anyway, every time I save a tiff for publication, of course in jpg, the whole quality of the image is fading away.

Still have to find the magic recipe....

EDIT

SadrAreaHA_tiff2_WP_red.thumb.jpg.0abcd65435aaad0dc0f987ae3cfbba31.jpg

I try to follow the suggestion and this is what I think is a good compromize. Frankly speaking yes, it increase the effect......

Edited by GiorgioF
add new pic as suggested