Center of SH2-119 reworked

gorann

Reworked my HaRGB data of this relatively rarely imaged nebula not far from the North American Nebula. Quite a lot of interesting structures there that got my imagination going, and I annotated some of the creatures I see in the image👽.

Taken two weeks ago with bu dual Esprit rig. I had the ASI071 with a 0.79x 3" TS reducer sitting on the Esprit 150 to collect RGB and the ASI1600MM with a 3.5 nm Baader Ha filter sitting on the Esprit 100 (both on Mesu 200), I managed to collect 25 x 10 min with each scope before clouds moved in and has since stayed here🙄. So totally 8.3 hours of HaRGB. Ha added to the red channel (blend Lighten in PS) and also used as Lum.

Maybe some of you can see even more creatures in there?

20191027 Sh2-119 RGB PS74smallSign.jpg

20191027 Sh2-119 RGB PS74creatures.jpg

• Like 4

I like the creatures--never noticed them before.....the biologist mind running amok.  With all the faces and creatures I see in numerous targets, perhaps you can start a new field of astrobiology--leaps and bounds ahead of the search for precursor molecules and suggestive byproducts.  certainly the finding of a giraffe will end the dispute!

Rodd

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rodd said:

I like the creatures--never noticed them before.....the biologist mind running amok.  With all the faces and creatures I see in numerous targets, perhaps you can start a new field of astrobiology--leaps and bounds ahead of the search for precursor molecules and suggestive byproducts.  certainly the finding of a giraffe will end the dispute!

Rodd

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Another fine piece of work there, love the squirrel Goran, an see the Loch Ness monster does exist.

Alan

Thanks Rodd and Alan!