Stacking

djs44

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, JamesF said:

You don't have to donate to use AutoStakkert.  It's merely appreciated if you do.  The download links are further down the same page.  I'd probably actually go for the beta version 3.0.14, which is downloadable from here: http://www.astrokraai.nl/software/latest.php

James

ok found it does autoatakkert havw quick load icon

49 minutes ago, JamesF said:

You don't have to donate to use AutoStakkert.  It's merely appreciated if you do.  The download links are further down the same page.  I'd probably actually go for the beta version 3.0.14, which is downloadable from here: http://www.astrokraai.nl/software/latest.php

James

50 minutes ago, djs44 said:

ok found it does autoatakkert havw quick load icon

I think you might need to create your own.  I'm afraid I can't remember at the moment.  Someone who has installed it more recently than me might be able to give more details.

James

1 hour ago, djs44 said:

I did try to download autostakkert it seems you need to donate first,i am not mean but 75 years of age i have watch the pennies.I will attach a couple jpegs to this post

vlcsnap-2018-09-17-22h40m46s324 - Copy (2).png

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8735-crop.JPG

The first image looks like it was taken on a different night to the other two.  I wouldn't try to combine this with the other images.  The moon is constantly changing, so stacking images taken at different times will not work well.

You will need a bunch of images taken at the same time. They should preferably all be similar to each other.  In your Canon, set the JPEG size to "L".

There are astronomical societies in Basingstoke and Farnham/Aldershot.  I know that there are some astrophotographers in the Farnham group, and they are happy to help.

43 minutes ago, don4l said:

The first image looks like it was taken on a different night to the other two.  I wouldn't try to combine this with the other images.  The moon is constantly changing, so stacking images taken at different times will not work well.

You will need a bunch of images taken at the same time. They should preferably all be similar to each other.  In your Canon, set the JPEG size to "L".

There are astronomical societies in Basingstoke and Farnham/Aldershot.  I know that there are some astrophotographers in the Farnham group, and they are happy to help.

I have just joined the Basingstoke society ok i can redo with sevral from same night.Any idea whi in autostakkert the analyse button is blanked out unclickable ?I am not sure how to load 5 images in to autostkkert all i can di is one

Edited by djs44

52 minutes ago, djs44 said:

I have just joined the Basingstoke society ok i can redo with sevral from same night.Any idea whi in autostakkert the analyse button is blanked out unclickable ?I am not sure how to load 5 images in to autostkkert all i can di is one

Click "Open" and then hold the Control key while you select the files. You should be able to select several files before you click the "Open" button.

ASTK.jpg