Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone using a PrimaLuce Estatto MicroFocuser

Northernlight

Hi all,

I looking to buy a newt for imaging and probably going to get a SW 10" Quattro. So naturally I will immediately replace the stock focuser. Looking at focuser option, I saw a very neat focuser with a built in motor by PrimaLuce called The Estatto. This looked like an excellent option and cheaper than buying a focuser and a separate motor unit  whilst looking very neat.

Looking on the web I  ant find any Reviews anywhere, so I wondered if anyone on here is using one  or is there a reason nobody is using  them ?

Also looking at the focuser it states that it only has 15mm of inward travel, which didn't seem very much.

Rich.

It does look like a nice product.  They’re very new and mostly intended for fine focus on an SCT, AFAIK.

The 3" version has larger travel, but I use the Sesto Senso on my 8" Quattro, albeit with the stock focuser. 

Tony

I wonder why there has been so little take up on these focusers ? 

That said I've seen a few unfavourable post about the electronics on their products being a bit unstable, as well as their customer service not being so hot. Sounds  a bit like early days of ASA.