Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Increasing magnification using a teleconverter with DSLR??

mothershipuk

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help me with this problem. The other night I had my scope set up in my back garden ready for another lesson in imaging and thought about increasing the magnification by using my 2x teleconveter on my DSLR. However, when I tried to take an image I kept getting an 'error 1' message (unable to communicate with lense.

Is there a way around this or perhaps another way to increase magnification at prime focus??

Speak soon

Justin

Justin, I've heard of that... I think it's something to do with the TC trying to connect to the lens. The camera doesn't do it as the camera doesn't have the Connection established so knows the gear is manual only. The TC is expecting to have an Auto lens attached, and is telling the camera there is too, when there is no Auto communications the camera throws an error. Not sure how you'd get around that... You could try a barlow on the nose piece ?

Archived