Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Triangulum Galaxy

AbsolutelyN

This is a 15.9 hour exposure of M33 taken over the last 3 days with little Esprit 80. The weather was not very cooperative, bad seeing and intermittent clouds, plus a few issues with tracking and sesto senso so all round quite pleased how this has come out given the circumstances.  478 two min exposures - approx 10 hours of luminence with 1600MM Pro. Any feedback much appreciated ... especially curious on views of more or less saturation? 

https://www.astrobin.com/smounk/0/

M33_H.jpg

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Like 11

Very fine M33, I found this to be quite a difficult target, the surface brightness is very low.

I think your saturation is spot on, I'm always wary of over saturated blue / yellow galaxies (But that's just me, YMMV). How about adding some H-alpha? There's a lot of it in this target so well worth capturing.

Thanks Dave - it's so very easy to go too far with saturation. After staring at it for hours find I can no longer judge it it's under or over saturated! So good to know not obviously too far either way. Yes, will add HA if we get more clear skies.