NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Early Morning Stargazing Session on Benguerra Island

DirkSteele

The fourth and final stargazing report from my summer vacation on Benguerra Island in Mozambique.  Starting at 1:30am and finishing at sunrise, I covered a lot of the central Milky Way favourites as well as exploring the galaxies of Fornax and Sculptor, as well as numerous globular clusters and nebulae. (and a mid July view of M42!)  I finished with an attempt to spot some structure in the HST.

The report is on the link:  http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2019/10/27/an-early-morning-stargazing-session-on-benguerra-island/

I set up the camera taking a lot of pics while I stargazed.  Guess I was switching eyepieces at this moment!

1052781887_ObservingwithMW-1.jpg.c7ae49db26713f7df79236f44d91692a.jpg

Feedback always appreciated. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by DirkSteele
Typo in title
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Victor Boesen said:

Great report as always!!! I continue to admire the places you've observed from:)
I did however find a small typo hahah:evil5: I would assume the text for your last image should say "My" and not "Mt";)

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for catching the typo. I will get that fixed.

Lovely report of what sounded like a magical night. Some beautiful southern objects and I was pleased to note that a few of them are visible from the UK. I shall definitely add ngc247 and ngc1360 to my list. Shame that ngc1365 is just that bit too low though. Impressed you managed to get the HST. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertI said:

Lovely report of what sounded like a magical night. Some beautiful southern objects and I was pleased to note that a few of them are visible from the UK. I shall definitely add ngc247 and ngc1360 to my list. Shame that ngc1365 is just that bit too low though. Impressed you managed to get the HST. 

Thanks. There are many great objects which are thought of as southern targets but do clear the horizon from the UK so definitely worth checking some of them out.