Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Muppet!

martin_h

Ever had one of those days?

I decided that last night was the time to upgrade my observatory computer to Windows 10 (from W7) I have been preparing this move for a few days now, taking screen shots of all my software settings, making sure I have all the software keys to hand for new installs etc.

So, at 4 PM I set to and did the deed, and all went well and a nice new desktop presented itself to me on the first try. Now to load and set up all the other bits and bobs that make it all tick as an observatory, well it took a few hours to download and install all that was required, software and all the drivers for the kit, until it came to test it, one huge problem I had downloaded the software and driver that runs the roof and switches the power to the scope and camera etc, only to realise that it needs a new software key that is only obtainable by email to the author, everything is ready for testing but I have no power to any of the kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story but there is only so much you can do with simulators so at 11 PM I packed it all up and went to bed.

Fast forward a few hours to this morning, I'm stood at work at 6AM chopping onions when a thought hit me ………………………. I had installed a manual override switch to the power relays to enable power in the event of a software failure!!!! Flippin' heck!

As the title says MUPPIT!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carbon Brush said:

If you managed a full W10 upgrade and observatory software running short of only a key - WELL DONE.

I never seem to have things run so smoothly.

That was my 3rd W10 install this week! Plenty of practice there.