NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where to put choice of filter?

Hi All,

How can I fit a wheel or slide into the following chain?
EOS T3 to .85 reducer with barrel adapter to SW 100ED Refractor with 2” Holder.

Looked at Baader case and slider but can’t see how it would fit with 55mm limitation etc.

(Nor can guys at FLO).

Oh, forgot to mention filters are 2”.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Edited by Chris M48
Additional info’.

In my 55mm optical train I have a Altair 1600mm, Starlight Express filter wheel, 5mm spacer then my reducer but its a dedicated astro camera.   I think there might be a ring you can go from camera to filter wheel with, I have one in my kit will check for you later and see how much space it takes up.

I am guessing you want to be able to change filters easily without breaking down the Imaging train but I think you are going to struggle. As @Astrosharkey says with a dedicated camera it is possible but I think only option with DSLR is a ring that you can fit a 2" filter before the flattener and or a EOS LP filter but these woud be almost a permanent part of the imaging train so not really for changing filters during a session.

filter-cell-adapter-for-sky-watcher-ed-series-flatteners

But I hope I am wrong.

Steve

Thanks guys. The filter cell adapter will simplify the setup somewhat and will allow me to have 2 filters together when required.

How about an Orion 2” filter slider to 100ED draw tube adapter then reducer with barrel adapter to EOS T3.

Will that work?

Thanks again.

Edited by Chris M48

it is an unusual setup because DSLR sensor usually only need LP or some sort of high contrast filter unlike the mono cameras. As I understand it the sensor to flange distance is 44mm and you only have 16mm to play with to your reducer. The EOS-M series however has only 18mm so you probably have more room to play with.