NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc 6960 bi colour with rgb stars

assouptro

Hi, its been a while, the weather has been appalling in the NW, but we had a few clear nights last week and although it was a full moon I took advantage.

I have been working on a HSO palate of NGC 6960 trying to incorporate RGB stars but for now I've settled on a ha/oiii mix with rgb stars 937231373_broomrgb-andbicolourfinal.thumb.jpg.53fe54043be53fa6ba928ddeabe80c3e.jpg  

It's not spectacular compared to a lot of the stunning images I see on this site but I here it is anyway!

6.5 hours ha and 5.5 hours oiii and 20min each of rgb. stacked in dss 

below is the HSO version I'm working on, Its psychedelic and over cooked and I really need to resolve the magenta stars!

subs as above but with 4hrs sii

251628388_broomstickinprogress300dpicropped.thumb.jpg.68bb6d8b6632eab10f8f92464e52830d.jpg

I am considering adding to it to should the clouds part before its lost to the roofs!

Thanks for looking 

Bryan

Edited by assouptro
add data
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

Really like the top image, more in keeping with what one would see through a scope with Olll filter.

Alan

Thanks for the comment Alan 

It's my preferred image too as the hso is less natural and needs more work maybe even starting from scratch.

I have to admit, I haven't seen the nebula with my eye! possibly due to the light pollution at my site. It is one of my favourite DSO's and on my bucket list to actually see. 

Clear skies 

Bryan

It is a stunning sight through my 18 inch Dob out here in very dark and usually clear skies, I do feel some target lend themselves very well to HSO, maybe some are only visible in this, though as said this nebula in my books looks better in the visual spectrum, great shot it is too. I did it myself with the Canon with just a little moon about but it is not a patch on yours.

Alan 

• Like 1