NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lacerta MGEN settings for 8" SCT

vigsoe

I cannot seem to get my gear fully functionable and tracking precisely enough. I have a 8" Celestron Schmict-Cassegrain on an advanced VX with Celestron OAG og Lacerta MGEN autoguider. I am trying to run with reducer for getting the full benefit of the 2000 mm focal length.

I suspect that it could be the parameters for “AG speed RA/DEC” that I should play with. I run a calibration before each shoot (for individual stars - and getting up to 91%).

Anyone running a similar setup that would be kins enough to share the MGEN settings with me?I would also like to know which parameters are used for in “Live view”, for “Gain”, “Exposure” og “Threshold”.

Any help on this matter would really be appriciated.

Welcome to the site Vigsoe, I cannot answer your question but have to say it is very difficult to read in that mid grey type, you may find many may not even bother. It would be a good idea if you were to change it to make it more readable. I use to own one of these mgen's but never used it, difficult to buy a few years ago and highly regarded.

Alan