Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to process images after a meridian flip

Probably a very novice question but after an imaging session where half the images are rotated by 180 degrees due to the flip do one half of the images have to manually rotated or is there an easy way to automatically do this?

I am using APT for the session then I normally stack in either Nebulosity or PixInsight. I probably would only use PI but until I learn exactly how to use it I just find it easier to stack in Nebulosity just because I am used to it and then do the processing in PI.

ALSO, In APT is it necessary to tick the box that says force PHD to recalibrate after the flip?

Steve

It doesn't matter which way they are rotated. The stacking software will align the stars and stack all frames the same way round. Pixinsight asks for a reference image to stack against.

PHD doesn't need to recalibrate after a flip as long as the mount is reporting its position, ie via EQMod.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

It doesn't matter which way they are rotated. The stacking software will align the stars and stack all frames the same way round. Pixinsight asks for a reference image to stack against.

PHD doesn't need to recalibrate after a flip as long as the mount is reporting its position, ie via EQMod.

Thanks for the info. That clears both points up nicely 🙂

Steve