IC 1396 Ha

discardedastro

Hydrogen alpha only, 30x300s for 2.5h exposure last night.

Postprocessing in PI; cal, subframeselector (all good, so just marking weights), cosmetic correction, staralign, localnormalization, integration, very light DBE, MLT denoise, ABE, histogram+curves, TGVdenoise.

Was a bit twitchy about background extraction on this, given the nebulosity in the background, but I think this is quite a pleasing result.

ETN_integration_final.thumb.jpg.183d07e86758e485f246e7872df92e28.jpg

10 hours ago, dave_galera said:

Nice image with good contrast, Give MureDenoise a try after integration its absolutely brilliant

Didn't know about MureDenoise, will take a look!

11 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Very nice! I've only ever managed Ha myself. With DBE you dont need many points. Just a few on the dark areas. Sometimes an ABE can work well.

I did DBE with corners and a few points that were relatively neutral in terms of overall contrast in the image, probably 10 points total, then did ABE near the end, which did a pretty good job in my eyes of preserving the finer details while improving overall contrast. I'm hoping to get some more time on this target through the week if the cloud forecast stays as is - would be nice to have another two filters but need to upgrade the EFW mini to a full EFW so it's a fair bit of cash even just on the 8.5nm filters from Baader.

Archived