Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stock Mount German EQ that comes with Meade Polaris 76mm

Sidd

Hello everyone, 

After a bit of practice finally I have been able to learn how to control and move my mount. Getting it assembled was easy really except for a couple of things that I needed to work out. Got the finder aligned easily.

The balance was only done with the weight because the tube doesn't fit on the mount with a ring its just a bracket that is fixed with screws on the top of the mount so it cannot be rotated afterwards or balanced on that axis. The other balance with the weight on one end was rather easy to do. 

However, I did not polar align the scope really and started off with my viewing session. Inasmuch as moving and controlling is concerned- I learn how to lock and unlock and move the right ascension as well as declination controls and also the azimuth, which the whole base of the mount on the tripod. So I got hold of three controls and used them nicely for my viewing. 

I also used the slow motion control knobs many times as needed with ease. 

However, I did find out something that the scope has a limited movement and cannot go beyond a particular point. Some viewing is in awkward angles because the scope can't be rotated and the eye piece goes really awkward unless the whole tripod is moved or rotated. But other than that it was really good experience. 

Anything I need to know or is it that for the purposes of this beginner scope and mount- I ma all good and need ot play with it and shall learn more automatically. 

Good stuff.

Equatorial mounts can, and do, put the eyepiece in an awkward position. 

Does the scope come with a 90 or 45 degree star-diagonal? You may not be able to rotate the telescope tube, but you should be able to rotate the diagonal to get the eyepiece in a better position. 

Edit. It is a reflector. Ignore me! Lol.

Edited by Pompey Monkey