NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sound from mount lap top webcam mic on Remote Desktop controlling PC?

Viktiste

I just bought a web cam (Logithech c270) that I connect to a (windows 10) laptop located at the mount. I  run a TCPIP cable from that laptop into my house where I control everything (mount, cams, etc.) using Windows Remote Desktop from a "inside house PC (also windows 10)". The purpose of the the webcam is to be able to see what the mount is doing while slewing etc. However I would also like to capture the sound from the webcam's mic and hear it on the "house PC" speaker. I googled and tried some of the solutions that came up, but cannot get it to work. The Webcam mic is working, I can replay the sound from the mic on the mount laptop if I am not remoting to it. 

Does anyone else do this and got it working?

Edited by Viktiste

should be able to set that in the RDP options page...

rdp sound settings.JPG

I don't do this myself so can't vouch but that'd be the usual way to get remote audio. I have used those settings tho to capture/playback audio when I had a PC set up for noise monitoring so would think that should work.

Edited by DaveL59

hmm you set that option on the PC you are making the remote connection from (the in home one not the mount one), yes?

The target PC (mount) should then just divert the audio as per the options you selected, so I guess you'd need to capture/"record from this computer" selected in order for the home PC to pick up the mic from the remote one. You may then also need to select the correct audio (mic) source on the PC for it to play the captured sound through its default speakers, or it may still be using its own mic input.