NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

In Grand Canaria awaiting darkness

Nigella Bryant

I don't know how this will go tonight. Light pollution is quite bad but I'll be imaging south on the coast into the horizon over the Atlantic. I've also not used my Az-GTI in eq mode and I've no means to guide except with just the mount running. I'm attaching my sigma 170-500mm telephoto lens with my modded Canon 1000d camera. I particularly want to image the lagoon and trifid nebulae. 

40 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I don't know how this will go tonight. Light pollution is quite bad but I'll be imaging south on the coast into the horizon over the Atlantic. I've also not used my Az-GTI in eq mode and I've no means to guide except with just the mount running. I'm attaching my sigma 170-500mm telephoto lens with my modded Canon 1000d camera. I particularly want to image the lagoon and trifid nebulae. 

Good luck, past their best now but still doable from here and I am a bit north of you maybe 6-7 degrees.

Alan

• Like 1