SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Noobe trying to make an informed decision

I doubt very much that a 6" Meade F5 Meade reflector will be as good as an 8" F5 Skywatcher.

Agreed,

My earlier comparison was made back when we thought the six inch was a refractor (Andy's original post has now been edited).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy

I would go for an 8" scope. With your budget you could get a decent scope & mount.

For £800 you could get a guaranteed top quality mirror with a report showing you it performance.

Cheers

Ian

You guys have been a huge help. 8)

Lots of kit out there, pay the money get the optics, loose the eq mount, get the mount, + drop the optics and so on.

I am still drawn to the skywatcher. Maybe wrong maybe right but it does seem to give me all I need in all area's esp with the piggy back refractor when I have saved up.... again.

Oh well, off to ebay to ply my business and sell all I have to make money. And I thought at £4k over 3yrs, my current hobby was dear :lol:

Oh well, off to ebay to ply my business and sell all I have to make money. And I thought at £4k over 3yrs, my current hobby was dear - Laughing

What makes you think astronomy is any different Andy?

nabban

I don't get this at all. Exporer 200mmm f/5 + driven HEQ5 is £535 at Sherwoods, Bern could possibly do a better deal as well (at modernastronomy.com but he doesn't have 'scope prices on the Net) so where's the problem with an 8 hundred quid budget?

Captain Chaos

£800 does not seem to be a problem for a scope.Scope plus frilly GOTO's really uses all the budget.

Circa £500 for the scope anddecent mount then spend the extra some snazzy EP's?

This seems to be my only dilemma now :?

• 1 month later...
Guest MoJo

How about something to suit most, and not a Meade or a Skywatcher? :D

Orion SkyQuest XT12 Intelliscope

Should be able to pick one up for around £700 - £800

I was thinking of one of these (10") untill they bumped the price significantly. :D :D :lol:

MoJo

Archived