Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sh2-132 Bicolor

Rodd

Another experiment borne from the the lack of clear sky.  Bicolor images have always given me a lot of trouble.  there were a lot of variations.  Originally I wanted a red based image to mimic RGB--but seeing as I had Ha and OIII, The Hubble Palette (without the blue) kind of took over.--which is ironic as OIII is blue.  I think the fact that I started out assigning Ha to red is the reason there isn't more blue.  That was the toughest part of this exercise was to get visible blue in the image.  I know its more pink than blue, but  I think it helps-but I waffle.  This is my biggest "unsure" about this image. 

TOA 130 and ASI 1600 with 3nm Astrodon NB filters

Ha: 124 300 sec

OIII: 43 300 sec

CC always werlcome

Rodd

Image34c6.thumb.jpg.72511459eafcbc842f653461559e4155.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 5

I'm really torn between these two. This is so interesting.

I like them both for precisely opposite reasons! Love saturation and "sparky" feel in the first one, and love the subtle tone of the second one.

Just now, vlaiv said:

I'm really torn between these two. This is so interesting.

I like them both for precisely opposite reasons! Love saturation and "sparky" feel in the first one, and love the subtle tone of the second one.

Sorry Vlad--posting 2 was a mistake--I only input one but for some reason the forum included the second.  I have since removed both and replaced with the final--All I did was reduce the slight blue halo/rims around some of the stars.  It did result in a bit of a reduction in teh bue/pink but it is still visible.  trust me, I have more versions of this image than you would care to view!  

Rodd

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dave_galera said:

Love it, it jumps out at you, you have controlled the contrast perfectly to bring out the interesting detail

Thanks Dave.  OK--I have the original red based image I had thought I was rendering--and I could not help doing a blend with the above image.  So--which is the version I should cal "final".  Tough choice for me--probably the original or the blend

Red based bi-color.  

HOO-3a.thumb.jpg.9ec50fb987a321b0072846277ec814f8.jpg

Blend of the two images

470475441_BlendH00-3and34c6.thumb.jpg.61e99a38d2a4bfa6febb557aec9e9515.jpg

4 hours ago, dave_galera said:

he red based bi-colour for me, simply because it has a more of a coloured background, whereas the other backgrounds are a bit thin, and you have maintained the contrast.

Edited 2 hours ago by dave_galera

OK Dave--the best of both worlds.  Here is the original, with Hubble-esque Palette core and the colored background of the blend.   I also removed as much of the faint bu/green halos as I could from around the small stars in the core--didn't wholly succeed, but somewhat.  It did remove a blueish cast from the background.  Not sure why but I am drawn to the golden hues of the Hubble palette for this target.  

Edit: Actually--there are two--I reinserted a twinge of blue to the OIII sinal areas without icreasing teh bue in the star halos.  Can't decide which I like better.  The blue is correct for the SHO palette--but I like the other.

Image34c6d-back-3.thumb.jpg.f06c44b3a98ef0bcceb73d5564aea05c.jpg

Image34c6d-back-3c.thumb.jpg.e4f36b853825c3eb3f44f46be54e591e.jpg

Edited by Rodd