NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Visting the observatory of Mallorca

Victor Boesen

At my recent trip to Mallorca I was lucky enough to visit their observatory. I couldn't find more than one post on here about the observatory so I figured I'd share my experience since I'd highly recommend anyone visiting Mallorca to take a look at the observatory as well if time permits. Even though we didn't have clear skies I was still satisfied.

Here's the link to my post:
https://myastronomyjourney.wordpress.com/2019/08/02/visiting-the-observatory-of-mallorca/

Victor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Excellent account of your visit to the Observatory of Mallorca Victor. I will be holidaying in Mallorca next year & will certainly be visiting the Observatory.

Steve 

Thank you very much Steve! Hopefully you'll have a great time just like I did:)

13 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Thanks for sharing that with us. Brilliant write up 🙂 

That must be about the most modern looking observatory I have seen.

Steve

My pleasure:)

The observatory's prime application has been asteroid-detection but over time they've made the observatory open for the public since not a lot of money was earned from detecting asteroids. I guess this is why they've made it more modern although the observatory itself is "only" 28 years old.

• Like 1