Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ongoing review of Skywatcher Evostar 72ED and accesories

@Alanjmolloy I've been out testing the diagonal just now on Saturn.

The conditions were stable but not that transparent. I used my Explore scientific 4,7mm eyepiece which gives me 89,5X mag. Given that Saturn is shrinking in size and the weather continues to be bad here in Denmark I was happy I had the opportunity to have a look at it. Subtle banding on the planet itself was visible from time to time while the Cassini division was only visible a couple of times. Keep in mind that two months ago when Saturn was larger the Cassini divison could still be challenging. 

I really haven't found anything about this diagonal that I don't like(except maybe the twist lock mechanism with undercut eyepiece noses) and the image quality through the diagonal is in my opinion excellent!

I hope you'll find out what you'll go with. I don't think anyone of the two choices would disappoint.

Victor

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Alanjmolloy said:

Great info @Victor Boesen thanks!

Really tempted by your tak diagonal. Especially when you’re reviewing it with the same scope and eyepieces that I own. 

I still haven’t made my purchase but whenever I do, I’ll post here to let you know which I purchased and how it performs.

It's great for the money!

Feel free to do so, I'm excited to hear about what your choice will be;)

• Like 1