NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can't find a Short EOS-M T-Adapter ?

I have one.  Yes you can unscrew the part with EXT on it and you are left with a short t ring that directly connects the camera to a telescope.  I use it to connect my Canon M6 mark ii to my Skywatcher telescope.

The picture shows it on my camera with the telescope fitting.

Capture.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2019 at 23:39, Astro-Geek said:

I'm struggling to find an EOS-M to T-adapter that isn't about 2 inches long .....  😧

I have a mirrorless EOS M5 DSLR which has a lot going for it for Astro use compared to other EOS mirror cameras. 

As well as being much lighter and more compact, the sensor to lens distance is about 25mm shorter than the EOS-EF and EOS range, so it should be easier to attain infinity focus without resorting to a Barlow.

I say "should" because I'm struggling to find an EOS-M bayonet fitting to T-screw adapter that is no longer than the standard EOS T adapter.

The only ones I can find are about 2 inches long, as per these FLO website pics.  I can fully understand the need for that length with the EOS-M to EOS-EF lens adapters, because they have to compensate for the shorter focal path, but why are they so long with the T-Adapters ?  It negates the EOS-M's advantage of having a much shorter focus distance.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/t-rings.html

I too had exactly the same problem of lengthy T2 ring. It is too long  for my Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera that has EF-M mount.  Couldn't get a shorter T ring from local vendors. When I kept the camera without any lens close to the draw tube of telescope, I could use telescope focuser to get sharp focus. I badly needed a shorter T2 ring of width 10mm or less. Then I thought of extending focus of telescope using a Barlow lens that I already had. This is not the best solution but it worked (Now I see that you already considered the Barlow lens!) I could get good focus and take pictures of the Moon using the mirrorless camera. Here are pictures of my telescope with the camera and Barlow lens, and the picture of the Moon:

redcat51-canonm50mkII-barlow-1-1.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

• 9 months later...

I thought I would add to this thread because I just ordered an M48 to EOS-M Low Profile (about 10mm wide) adapter from https://www.telescopeadapters.com/. The EOS-M adapter does not now show on their website because I think I may have ordered their last one. However, I think they machine these at their site as needed. I also order the same Low Profile adapter for my Sony a7R III so they have this for several different camera brands. Just a thought for you.