NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C8 Edge HD, any good ?

SAW

Hi,

These are on offer at the moment with the mount, I've never owned a Celestron scope or mount but I have had a few SW Mak's (150, 127 & 102) and I've never been impressed with then, hated the focuser so a bit unsure about ordering the C8. I would purely use it for lunar and planetary observing and imaging with a ZWO224MC. I was going to use either a Tak 100 or the 76 with extender and 1.6 barlow but even with this at f/20 it's still twice as far out in regards to FOV compared to the C8.

hi saw ,not sure if this answers your question but i can never seem to get on with mine for visual so i mainly stick to imaging with a different scope and dso ,maybe i expect too much ,but i will try imaging planets with the c8 when the funds allow,maybe someone can explain different,its supposed to be a great scope though