Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Powering the cooled ASI1600

I'm looking for recommendations for a very portable powerbank to power a cooled ZWO ASI1600 in the field. 

My mount has its own battery, so I just need something for the camera's TE cooling. I usually don't image all night, most likely 2-3 hours max. 

I like the Celestron PowerTank LiFePo4 batteries, they seem pretty durable and lightweight. I've also found these Tracer batteries that look very similar. Would they be suitable options? Any field experience with the Tracer ones?

Thanks for your feedback! :) 

I had one of the Tracer batteries. 12ah one. Very good, could power the mount, dew bands and USB hub for a full session (4/5 hours) and still have a little left. Never used it much with my 1600MM though as I've switched to a 12v PSU. Still, the ammeter on the PSU stays at a steady 2 amps during a session now. That's powering the mount, dew bands, USB hub (or RPi) focuser, 1600MM cooler.

• Like 1