Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Couple of snaps of 07/16/19 lunar eclipse

vlaiv

Here are couple of snaps of lunar eclipse. Nothing fancy, just plain old DSLR on tripod with simple lens.

All are single frame using EOS760d and 55mm-250mm basic lens. FL 250mm, F/8, ISO400, 1/400th.

Images are cropped and reduced to 50% of their size (too much noise and not sharp enough at 1:1)

IMG_9862.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

• Like 15

Nice shapes and detail.    However, I think the DSLR white balance let you down a little  too - shouldn't it be more orangey/yellow/red/sunset coloured?  Here in the UK is was most definitely not the usual bright white moon colour.

14 minutes ago, mikey2000 said:

Nice shapes and detail.    However, I think the DSLR white balance let you down a little  too - shouldn't it be more orangey/yellow/red/sunset coloured?  Here in the UK is was most definitely not the usual bright white moon colour.

I took raw images and used Canon utility to do auto white balance. Did not really try to get any particular feel out of the images. Here, Moon was like regular yellowish / white color, like you normally have in a full moon when it is well above horizon.