Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hyperstar v4

Hi folks.  I note Hyperstar is now available in v4 for various iterations of the Celestron Edge HD, but for the C14 it is still at v3.  I'm guessing this is because the v3 is already f/1.9.  I'm planning to purchase said beast for the C14Edge shortly, but would hate to throw my cash at Starizona for a v3 only to find a v4 materializing.  Anybody heard anything?  I've had no joy so far getting an email response from Dean et al at Starizona.  Thoughts greatly appreciated.  BB.

I too was looking at these myself last night, looks like the version 4 gives a slightly faster f ratio and a slightly wider field of view although nothing major or noticeable, but the interesting thing about the version 4 as far as I can see is that a filter draw is available for version 4 which makes changing filters much easier, still looking at information and wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh.