Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bright , but worth it !

Kick off 10.30  . Still very light , stayed light to past midnight. Set up a low comfy 8" OO Newt . Right binary killer , single secondary vane gives clear stars especially on bright clusters.

Cygnus . Had a look at M29, M39 and the wee "rocking horse" of NGC 6910 . NGC 6811 gave the "hole in the cluster", a sparkling open ring .Then onto a few bright planetary nebulae, these blink however little contrast . Including, NGC 6826 ("blinking planetary"), the bright NGC 7027 and the "blue flash" NGC 6905 in Delphinus. 

Caught the lovely 52 Cygni , clear split here in the Western Veil. Rukh gave a wide split , bright , but easily picked apart. Beautiful clear view of the triple S 738. Real sucker for paired secondaries.

Not much joy with M57 and M27. Lacerta gave some wondrous open clusters, in order of joy ,

NGC 7209, NGC 7243, NGC 7245, NGC 7296, NGC 7394 and IC 1434.

Had a look at the Garnet Star , mu Cephei , very very bright . Picked out the delightful triple in IC 2396.

Grateful to be grabbing another three minutes of dark stuff every night , here's to 

Clear skies !

Nick.

• Like 11

I will have to look at those clusters in Lacerta, I just want do the doubles and triples in Cygnus first I've had a list for 4 weeks now I really want to get them bagged.

Still light here like you said at 12 but like you said 3 minutes a night extra will help.

S738 is a new one on me I will have to look that up.

Hoping for a clear night tonight.

Thanks for posting.