Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NASA's mission to Titan.

maw lod qan

Talk on the news today says NASA is launching a probe in 2026 to do some close up looking at Saturn's largest moon.

They showed it would use a flying drone that would be able to fly around to different areas.

I'm not sure I'll be around in 15 years to see the end results.

I do have a question.

After the space craft is on the way, what do the project scientists and engineers do during the 8 years it'll take to get there? 

Take turns yelling out "are we there yet?"

• Haha 3

Usually they shut down most of the power draining systems until the probe enters the Saturnian system. Then a signal is sent to wake the craft up, then they Initiate the pre planned routine to place the spacecraft into orbit around Titan. The landing sequence will begin, much of it automatically  prepared too, as any corrections Will be impossible due to the vast distance to the craft. Any transmissions will take too long to get there.   I  think that is about the gist of it. Perhaps other guys can give a more elaborate view on this though.

Ron.

• Like 1