Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 vs.........M31

Rodd

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

I know that is what YOU said--but others, including Olly, suggested blending version 1 and 2 sometime back--Blending VERSIONs of the same image is a viable technique which I often employ myself.  

When I get home I will upload ....well, not so fast.  I am having trouble uploading FITs files as you know from a few prior attempts.  I will try again--I think my computer just updated so maybe that has been fixed.  I will try.  If not you may have to work with the JPEGS.  If a crop is all you need I can crop a section and send the FITS via email.  the crop file size should be small.

We'll see...I will try.

Yes, crop will be enough for me to try couple of techniques to see if there is one that will produce satisfactory results - if so, I'll explain what I've done, so you can try it on the full image and produce results to your liking.