NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observing Water on near planets

Bigwings

Now you might wonder about my Nic....BIGWINGS its because I regularly invite would be glider pilots to devise ways of killing me while I instruct . I love clouds. In the last few weeks I have seen Ninbus,cumuloninbus, stratus, cirrus, ciirrostratus and now when the weather clears and I can see the skys I get correctorplate dewius. Well nature rules in gliding and astronomy so I am going to fool it I have booked a holiday diving in the Maldives so water doesnt matter..... or am I being silly .

Does anyone have any advice on Indain Ocean Astronomy via 15x70 binos?

Now you might wonder about my Nic....BIGWINGS its because I regularly invite would be glider pilots to devise ways of killing me while I instruct . I love clouds. In the last few weeks I have seen Ninbus,cumuloninbus, stratus, cirrus, ciirrostratus and now when the weather clears and I can see the skys I get correctorplate dewius. Well nature rules in gliding and astronomy so I am going to fool it I have booked a holiday diving in the Maldives so water doesnt matter..... or am I being silly .

Does anyone have any advice on Indain Ocean Astronomy via 15x70 binos?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Surrounded by the Indian Ocean, weather is hot and wet, 'course water doesn't matter :clouds2:

Sorry about that, the weather is tropical and wet, plenty of storms etc, depending on the time of year, but when you get a clear sky the views are stunning. Hope that there isn't too much light pollution from the resort. Dew shouldn't not be a problem so enjoy :clouds2: The bins should be excellent, giving you some wide field views, being almost on the Equator, the southern skies will be visible, bring some sky charts with you.

This based on living in the Maldives for 9 months back in the 70's, mind you whiskey was only 4p a tot and coke was 8p :) so didn't see to much sky, well not sober enough to enjoy :D:p:clouds1:

Archie

My brother had his honeymoon there, he said that the stars looked like jewles, clearest skies he has ever seen! expecially when they reflect off the ocean. Now he isnt into astronomy and wouldn't usually bother mentioning things about how the stars looked, so its gotta be pretty good :)

Take some pictures you lucky devil :D

I'd say try and take a tripod if you have a DSLR. You should be able to get (about) 5 min exposures with a 'standard' lens without too much trailing showing.

And then share with us when you're back?

Archived