Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pulsar Dome - ASCOM Driver

PhotoGav

I’ve just installed the Pulsar Dome software version 1.0.32.0 on my new Obsy PC, but there is no ASCOM Driver. I presume it is a separate install. I have emailed Pulsar and am sure they will come up with the goods, but I’m impatient! Does anybody have the latest Pulsar ASCOM Dome Driver install package please?

Hi Gav,

I thought this would be the easiest thing in the world to help with.. Go to the Pulsar website and follow a link titled "support" or similar... But there is none. I an surprised everything you needed was not supplied with the dome...

Did you get a reply to your email and the neccessary software to control it?

Gordon.

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, it should have been a simple download from a 24/7 website, but alas, nothing is easy in astronomy! Thankfully I have had a reply from Pulsar (the very kind Steve was swift to respond) and I have the ASCOM driver installer that I was after. I have run it and all is now as it should be; SGP has been introduced to Pulsar and they seem to be getting on pretty well! I did have a USB stick with the relevant software on it when I purchased the dome, but that is all several years out of date now. I have had various updates over the past few years from the software developer himself, but wanted to ensure that I had the very latest and greatest software to install on the new system. All I need now is a clear and dark night to give it a proper field test. That may prove a whole lot more difficult than it was to obtain the software itself!

Fingers crossed...

Gav.

Hi Gav,

glad to hear everything is sorted out now.

Still a big surprise things like this are not simply on the website but glad to hear the update is working fine.

And I think we are all waiting for clear skies !!

Gordon.