Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Why not invest in a meteorite ..... but not this one perhaps !

John

At a market the other day I saw someone flogging what he claimed to be chondrites - looked like any other rock to me - and charging £8 for them. I'd love to own a meteorite but how would I know it's genuine?

At a market the other day I saw someone flogging what he claimed to be chondrites - looked like any other rock to me - and charging £8 for them. I'd love to own a meteorite but how would I know it's genuine?

I collect meteorites (that's why I spotted this ad !). I've got around 30 specimens but I always get mine from established dealers and members of IMCA - International Meteorite Collectors Association. Funnily enough though e.bay is an important outlet for them worldwide - but you do need to know what you are buying and who you are buying from. It's taken me 3 years of study to get the confidence to start buying them.

John

Archived