Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Marmaris outreach - live!

Paul M

Just checking out a favorite webcam of mine, the harbour area of Marmaris, Turkey and see a local stargazer setting up his scope for public viewing. I've met him a few times back in the day, when we used to visit every year. Unfortunately not been back since starting fostering (cost and time constraints) but it's a lovely spot in the evenings but very brightly lit. Moon and planets only!

http://www.marmaris.bel.tr/canli-yayin?player=cl

Edit: my link doesn't select the right camera so you'll have to select "Kordon".

He's at it again this evening. 

For a few Lira you can see Jupiter higher up in a clear sky! It was probably Jupiter in the eyepiece last time I looked through his scope (different scope maybe, I think (might be a different bloke (I think it was Marmaris I went to)))

Just now, knobby said:

Thanks for that ... So cool, did that in Fuerta Ventura years ago, saw Saturn.

That's one hell of a few shleld he's using 😉

It looks like a different scope to the one I saw there last. I'm guessing this one is also a custom build, putting the eyepiece in a sensible position. It'll never catch on!!

Archived