SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

oaCapture 1.6.2 Autorun doesn't work

Fivel

Hi James.

I did use the app last night and got several great captures.

The only problem I had was since Autorun did not work, I had to capture the numerous images manually.

I am very sorry to be such a pest, but your app is the one I prefer for captures.

I set up the run in the "Settings/Autorun" section, and pressed "Enable Autorun" , saved it and then pressed the capture arrow, but only got one image.

In the 'Capture" portion of the panel, the "Autorun" icon was not available (greyed out). Hopefully this may be just a case of operator error.

I appreciate all the work you put into coding and support for it. You are a very patient and giving gentleman.

Fivel

Hello again James.

I just check with version 1.4.1 (Mac El Capitan) and the setup for Autorun works as it should.

As soon as i click on"Enable Autorun" I can see that icon, on the capture screen, turn gree, and the run works well.

So, what could have changed with version 1.6.2?

Here are the two oblects that I imaged on the 6th . So, as you can see, I am well plrased with the captures (Saved in tiff from 16bit GRBG matrix and Bilinear algorithm). Thanks for this capability. Now to just get the Autorun working so I can do longer runs from my office.

Fivel

M13 6 June 2019-Affin-Stack and Adj.jpg

Needle Galaxy 6 June 2019-Lynk_Stack_Gimp-Levels_Affin_NI.jpg

Blessings to you James, for your diligence. Thanks  that you liked the images. It shows how ell your capture and save functions work.

I hope the new and improved version maintains all that works well with version 1.6.2.

Fivel

James, thank you for a quick resolution.

All works well, and I am anxious to try the Autorun, on the next clear evening (maybe tonight).

You are a true wonder and very generous with your time and skills.

May I add one more feature request please?

Provide a capture duration count up or down, in large numbers, so we know that the captures are progressing properly and the length of each is the correct amount. Maybe this count can be in a pop-up screen that can be moved and closed as desired.

Thanks again.

Fivel

• 1 year later...

@JamesF I actually found this topic while looking for a similar problem on OACAPTURE 1.8.0 on Astroberry that I'm trying to setup.

I have a Starshoot from Orion that is correctly loaded as QHY5, and I can see the captures in the preview and I can set gain etc. so is all working.

I need to use this camera to take automatic short shots every few minutes, and what I mean is a shot, wait X minutes, then another shot, wait another X minutes etc., so OACAPTURE Autorun seems what I need? 

I've set a short exposure time, then in settings enabled Autorun (for example a sequence of 10 shots every 60 seconds), I see Autorun button Green nearby the Capture button, then I click Capture and it actually Autorun counter starts at 1, but OACAPTURE is taking (and saving) continuous shots without the 60 seconds pause and well beyond the 10 I set (please see attached screenshots).

Am I missing something about how Autorun works? Is it a bug? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 00.12.15.png

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 00.12.24.png

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 00.12.59.png

Edited by rofus
better explained

8 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Have you tried checking the "Limit" box and setting it to one frame?  That's the first thing that occurs to me.

James

Indeed that was the solution! Now it works as I thought...thanks!

I can see in the meantime though, during the 60 seconds delay, even if I disabled Preview, the camera keeps taking all the continuous short shots (but only saves the one every 60 seconds). I can see it because the led activity keeps blinking as if it's shooting.

Is there a way to keep the camera at rest for real during the 60 seconds delay I've set in Autorun?

15 hours ago, rofus said:

Is there a way to keep the camera at rest for real during the 60 seconds delay I've set in Autorun?

Not at the moment, but I'll add it to my list of things to think on for the future.

James

I believe that should work then.  I've not actually tested that specific camera in years (I can't even recall where mine is for the moment), but I do have another FireWire one on my desk to test with before I make the next release, so if I've broken support for it at some point, it will get fixed very shortly :)

James

1 hour ago, gtis said:

James thanks I will not be upgrading to big sur as my MacBook Pro is too old 

Neil 

Mine is the oldest on the "supported" list, but given the reports of bricking older machines after upgrading I'm being cautious for the moment.

James