Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO ASI 1600MC Pro or something different?

Aidan

I quite fancy trying a OSC.   I have a ZWO ASI 1600 mono which overall i think is a great camera.     I know the 1600MC Pro OSC is now discontinued, but there are still a few available.    

There are a few others by ZWO in the OSC range, but i dont know too much about them..  

What is the alternative, and is it better and perhaps worth spending a bit more?

Rgds

Aidan

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I quite fancy trying a OSC.   I have a ZWO ASI 1600 mono which overall i think is a great camera.     I know the 1600MC Pro OSC is now discontinued, but there are still a few available.    

There are a few others by ZWO in the OSC range, but i dont know too much about them..  

What is the alternative, and is it better and perhaps worth spending a bit more?

Rgds

Aidan

The QHY268c will be released soon and it will likely eclipse every other OSC sensor available in APS-C or smaller format if the specification translates into real world images.

Edited by Adam J
  • Thanks 1

That QHY does look good!  Any idea of pricing?  I fear it’s going to be out of my price range!

I’ll do some reading on the 294mc pro and see what the differences are.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

That QHY does look good!  Any idea of pricing?  I fear it’s going to be out of my price range!

I’ll do some reading on the 294mc pro and see what the differences are.

Thanks 

well if its outside your price then there is always the QHY168c and the 247c

No idea if it’s outside my price range yet.... can’t find a price for it... But, being such a large sensor. I’d guess it’s going to north of £1500!

Lots of posts saying the 294 is not as good as the 1600... but I can only take that at face value.