NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO 60mm ASI120MM Guide system

hello everyone

i have the sky watcher esprit 120 and the heq6r pro mount and im considering to buy autoguider package to my setup and wanted to aky you if this package is good? and recommended? some reviews...  ZWO 60mm ASI120MM Guide system (ZWO – ASI120MM-s) also im considering the Orion Magnificent Mini Deluxe AutoGuider Package... which is better?

thank you very much!

Edited by hubble space telescope

Can't comment on the cameras but their mounts are not optimum.

No need for adjustable mounts with current sensitive cameras, soft tipped screws lead to differential flexture and elongated stars.

Clamp the guidescope down to the mount as rigidly as you can - micron size flex in the guidescope leads to pixel moves on the imaging camera.

Michael

Here's what a PHD2 Help File says about Differential Flex:

"Many imagers go into denial about this and say “I’ve got everything clamped down really tight, nothing is moving, it can’t be differential flexure.” Yes, it can be. Every single mechanical interface on the system - clamped, threaded, geared, set-screwed, whatever - has some possibility for movement. And all you need is a movement of a few microns to create a problem."

A few microns is a fraction of the thickness of a hair. Your guiding may look perfect, because PHD2 is failhfully following every move of the guidescope.

Unfortunately the Diff Flex means the perfect guiding is in fact wobbling the imaging scope  !

So the flex of adjustable rings is a problem that will not be apparent in your guide graphs.

Michael