NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wide Orion

robindurant

Pity about the rain Robin :p

Hope you don't mind me saying but the focus may have been a little bit soft as well... DSLR lenses are notoriously difficult to focus on stars and the mechanism is usually a bit loose when set to manual focus... the worst thing is you can go beyond infinty on the focusing so you really have to take test shots... and either zoom right in on them or better still look at them on the laptop.

It will be worth doing again though becuase the FOV is awesome and there are some lovely colours coming out... it will be a stunning image :hello2:

Billy...

Hi Billy

No of course I don't mind its how we learn.

I think the soft focus is me trying to get rid of noise by too much blurring etc I did focus on a laptop but as I said there was not enough subs. It is the first time I have tried this and it was a learning curve. I will try it again when I get the chance. It took me ages trying to f find out why I could not get any stars on my screen, then I found out that I was on f22 on the camera.

I will also use iso 400

Thanks

Robin

cool... just got to work out wherte that goes these days

Thanks for that Robin definitely soft on the focus at the stars should be pinpoints...

I hate trying to take piggyback shots...going to give it a go the weekend though weather permitting...as a couple of us South Walian SGL'ers are heading into the Breacon Beacons....

Billy...

Archived